I finally finished Harold's aran jacket! I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's Saddle Shoulder Sweater recipe from Knitting Without Tears. I knit with a cone of School Products cashmere merino and size 10 needles- I think the cone was about 1600 yards and I have about 100 grams left. I think it took about 1500 yards of bulky weight yarn. Fortunately, the EZ pattern and my cable and moss stitch panels worked out so that the rib demarcations turned into a perfect saddle seam with no adjustments from me. After it finished drying, I took it to a tailor to get a zipper put in. So pictures of Harold in the sweater are still to come.
I've been knitting other things, but nothing blogworthy- I made 5 hats out of malabrigo for my 5 preceptors at work which I never ended up getting pictures of. I made a scarf out of Artfibers Kyoto and Bitty Bunz. I made a pair of armwarmers out of Curious Creek Fibers' Serengeti in Autumn in New England. That colorway is totally gorgeous.
Now I'm trying to finish shedir, take control of my second sock problem- I have 3 singles without mates, and decide on the next sweater project. Oh yeah, and I wanted to make Kate the cat and the Woodland shawl by Nikol Lohr.